Thursday, January 19, 2017

Created to Create

Hello,
I hope your doing well.  It has been raining here all day.  And with it being January I could really use a nice sunny day.   However sometimes we just have to find something that brings that same kind of joy to us and for me that is crafting.

This month at Power Poppy their Power and Spark Challenge is Winter Blooms.  I am sure like most midwestern gals I am starting to long for the days when I see those late winter flowers blooming.   I had a creation in mind I wanted to create for a dear friend, so I thought I would link up.  The link is below.


I have a very dear friend who is going through some difficult things in life and so I created something for her.  She loves crafting as much as I do.  I started out with the digi from Power Poppy called, Created to Create.   First I printed off the digi and then watercolored it with Derwent's Inktense Pencils.   I just love these pencils, they are so bright and have such a rich color to them.   Here's a pic.


I didn't add any spritz or splatters to the digi because I wanted to do that to the mat that came with the frame I picked up for my gift.  I spritzed it with some spritz I made using Ranger's Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and some pearl power.  It has a very pretty sheen to it and once  it dried I added some gold splatters.  Here is a picture of them together.  I just loved the way they look together.


And here is everything framed.  The frame is a pretty pink metal and really sets it off nicely.


I know my dear friend will love this and I am so happy that I can do something to brighten her day.

I am glad you stopped by and hope you have a lovely day.

Link:
Power Poppy Power and Spark January Challenge Winter Blooms